TLA was formed in 2014 to provide institutional investors and high net worth individuals with professional U.S.-style escrow services in Mexico and Latin America. TLA is an affiliate of Thomas Title & Escrow, which has offices in multiple states and is a leading provider of commercial title insurance, real estate settlement and corporate escrow services for foreign and domestic transactions. Thomas Title, licensed and regulated in a majority of states in the U.S., had been providing escrow services for Mexico out of its U.S. offices since its founding in 2006. TLA was spun off as a separate business in 2014, adding partners on the ground in Mexico to grow the Latin American services platform. Today, TLA counts some of the largest law firms, investors and lenders in U.S. and Mexico as clients. The core values of TLA’s services are:
- Accountability – our written agreements are enforceable in the U.S.
- Professionalism – clients interface with English speaking employees
- U.S. insurance coverage – we carry Errors & Omissions coverage
- U.S. based – our firm is headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- U.S. banks – our escrow accounts are held at major U.S. banks with FDIC insurance
- U.S. escrow practices – we model our procedures around the American Land Title Association (www.alta.org) best practices
TLA provides best-in-class escrow services to help clients safely and securely navigate the often complicated world of commercial and residential transactions in Mexico and Latin America.